Living the American Dream

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Being Prepared

Following the Atlanta debacle when I arrived at airport security without my photo id and ended up having to use my Costco card, this time I'm well prepared.
To quote that old memory game, "I packed my suitcase and I in it I put.."
1. My driver's licence.
2. Two work permits (there's an overlap but the good news is it will only take me six months to earn what they cost me).
3. The giant portrait of me that usually hangs in my attic getting younger as I get older (thanks to Oscar Wilde for that idea, although I may have got it slightly mixed up!)
4. The entire 2004-6 photo album.
5. A digital photo album with a selection of world travels. It takes a lot to impress an airport security guard these days.
6. A sketch of me drawn by the seven-year-old across the street.
7. My Naperville Sun newspaper column which carries my photo.
8. A print out of my Naperville On line Weekly column which carries a very fetching cartoon of me.
9. A caricature done by an artist in Montmartre, Paris. Oops, nearly forget to add France there for you Americans.
10. A mirror.
I have it all neatly squished in just behind the print out for my ticket. Ticket? Ticket! Hang on, I'll be right back....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home