Living the American Dream

Monday, April 27, 2009

Mr and Mrs Vice President

Not bad. Grumpy and I have only been living the U.S. for two years and we're already Vice Presidents! To be honest, everyone in the States is a VP. Janitors are VPs in charge of cleaning, mail men are VPs in communication but if it raises their self esteem whom am I to complain?
Anyhow, yesterday Grumpy and I successfully won a hard fought battle to become VPs in charge of membership for the coming year at Congregation Beth Shalom synagogue, Naperville.
Actually that's a slight exaggeration. I'd like to say for the past year I've been a member of the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pant Suit, running around the country drumming up support. I'd like to say we spent $100,00,000 going from synagogue to synagogue and that I'm now the first Jewish white woman to hold such a post.
None of this would be true, however. Mind you, lying seems to be a prerequisite for anyone holding office in the Chicago area. The truth of the matter is, as usual, someone asked me and my over inflated ego leapt in to say "yes" before I'd had time to consider.
I'm sure Grumpy and I can come up with some creative ways to increase membership during our term, so here's the first. Would any blog readers who would like to become virtual members please let me know? I'm quite happy to install web cams all around the building so you can join in with activities from wherever you are in the world. Plus we'll have a special buy one membership receive another two at triple the cost offer coming soon, so look out for that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home