Living the American Dream

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Entering the Inner Sanctum

Grumpy doesn't have many hobbies apart from bargain hunting and shouting at me for no apparent reason, but he does enjoy being a master mason and is a proud member of Euclid Lodge in downtown Naperville. I have no objection to this, apart from the shouting, but it does irritate me that it's an exclusive men's club. It's not that I want to join, but you know what it's like if someone tells you you can't do something. Anyhow, in England the masons always seemed like a bit of a secret society. That is less so here in the States, but even so, I know a whole bunch of secret stuff goes on that I don't know about.
Yesterday I was surprised to be invited to an instillation of officers for Red Lodge. So in case anyone is interested, I'm pleased to post some top secret photos for you to look at. I'm still not convinced the masons aren't up to something though. I normally pride myself in the quality of my photos, but this time most of them didn't come out....

This is the ceiling, which looked very mystic. A bit like the inside of a fortune teller's tent I imagine.
Fred spots an opportunity to catch up on his office work as the ceremony continues.

See, what did I tell you? In a desperate attempt to prevent me photographing, a mason zaps me with his magic gun.


The officers can't decide whether to play chequers or pretend they're in a rowing boat. Or both.



Grumpy proudly displays his regalia..........




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home