Living the American Dream

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 142: Are You Sure We're Celebrities?

Grumpy: Mornin' all.
The Duchess: What do you mean morning? We've been up for hours.
Grumpy(stretching): Sorry, but there's so little to do here, all there is to do is sleep.
Jett (struggling into the clearing under a huge pile of firewood): That's because I'm doing all the work!
Hyacinth: Coo eee. Breakfast is ready. Come and get it.
The Duchess: Ugh! To think you Yanks go on about British food. What on earth is that?
Hyacinth: Grasshopper fricasee.
The Duchess: And I thought Toad In The Hole was bad!
Hyacinth: It's a challenge. We have to eat bugs to keep the ratings going.
The Duchess: You can say that again. How I miss my skimmed lattes.
Grumpy: We're only in a forest preserve in Warrenville. There must be a Starbucks nearby. One of us could make a run for it.
Venus (dashing in in a tennis outfit with racket made out of twigs): I could do it! Let me! Let me!
(She rushes off).
A rustling in heard in the bushes. Enter Hilary in black suit with teal T shirt and scarf, black kitten heels and full make-up.
Hilary: I don't want to worry you all, but I think something may be up!
Jett finishes off building the fire. The firewood is a neat pyramid surrounded by a granite fireplace.
Jett: What's that, m'dear?
Hilary: Well have you noticed we're all still here. Some one is meant to be voted off by the public once a week.
Jett: That's true. And we haven't seen those presenters for a while either, Dolly McCarthy and Mayor Pradel.
The Duchess: Come to think of it, I haven't noticed a cameraman either..
Hyacinth: You know what this means??
Grumpy, Jett, Hyacinth, The Duchess: That no one is watching because we're not real celebrities at all!!
Hilary: You speak for yourselves....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home