Living the American Dream

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Over To You

Following yesterday's posting I was delighted to see my handful of regular readers have come out in support of my continuing the blog. But I'm afraid that's not good enough. Here's what I'd like you, and any one else stumbling over me on the Internet to do. Please leave a comment about how you'd like to see the blog continuing. I want to make it more interactive. Tell me what you like about it and what else you'd like to see. Would you like me to expand what I write to life beyond Naperville (is there such a thing?) Do you want more photos? Video clips? Huge prizes for loyal readers (that's a joke, so don't bother. I may not be too proud to grovel, but I'm not bribing people to read it!) Is there anyone out there who doesn't live in the U.S? Why do you check in? What would make you check in more?
I'll read all your comments, then with your permission compile a posting of your ideas (with full colour photos of you if that's what it takes) and we'll see what happens.

5 Comments:

  • First - obvious - continue the blog! I love the travel posts - with photos.. I love the around Naperville photos.. I love the Grumpy columns.. I enjoy your concert/theatre/films critiques.. Facebook entries are so scattered, somehow.. the blog is such a neat format! Stephanie, aka the Duchess!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:53 PM  

  • more witch pictures and a history of your walk across England....

    cooking demo pictures--bath buns, warm scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream, bangers and that is enough for the first day...

    jim

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:09 PM  

  • You have done some serial stories that were really fun. To expand readership, would there be an audience of middle grade readers who would tune in for a fantasy, or any other genre, series?

    Diane

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:15 PM  

  • I love your take on Naperville. I've lived here for 20 years and don't know half as many people as you do. I also have not visited many of the places in America that you have - your blog is like seeing my world through new eyes. I wouldn't change a thing.

    By Anonymous Susan, at 8:53 AM  

  • • Ideas for road trips (with photos) get people to send you great road trips you can do from Naperville. Put your road trips in one spot so we can look them up easily; add tips and road stops.
    • Start a club like a Bridged Jones club or name it something more creative and humorous; where woman and men (Jim) we your fans can meet up for socializing, concerts, ect.
    • Motivation minute! Post things to get us “motivated” for the day. That way we HAVE to check in everyday otherwise we will not get through it!!
    • Remind us what’s on in Naperville; I miss out on stuff because I didn’t know it was on??
    • Years gone by; post some old photos of life before Naperville.
    • Grumpy in his boxer shorts; just a little addition for the ladies!!! Might attract some new 80+ ladies, obviously not the ones with good vision 
    Keep up the good work !!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home