Living the American Dream

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Driving Instructor

"Drive 1.9 miles, then turn left, turn left, turn left."

"Oh I know this bit, I can take a short cut here."

"Recalculating...drive 200 yards and turn left."

"I don't know why I bought this thing. I can work this out. Look, that sign says we should turn right."

"Recalculating.. drive 100 yards and turn right, then turn right, turn right."

"Oh shut up, look, this must be right."

"Drive 2 miles then take ramp right."

"I don't know why more Americans don't have these satellite navigation systems, they're invaluable."

"Drive 1.6 miles, then keep left, keep left."

"Of course I know where I am going now. Don't really need this anymore."

Five minutes later...

"Drive 9.3 miles."

"Really, wasn't that our stop back there?"

"Look you stupid machine, do you even know where you're meant to be going?"

Two minutes later...

"At the next exit, turn right, turn right."

"We seem to be out in the middle of nowhere. And it's getting dark."

"Turn right, then turn right."

"Won't that take us back where we started?"

"Recalculating.."

"We've lost the signal!"

"Recalculating, recalculating..."

"It's like a scene from 2001: A Space Odessy, where Hal the computer goes mad."

"Look, she's back."

"In 0.3 miles, turn left, turn left."

"What's she on about? Isn't that Lake Michigan ahead?"

"Keep straight, keep straight."

"I think she's had enough of your arguing, Ross. We're heading straight for the water! Look out!"

Sometime later...

"At the third piece of seaweed, turn left, turn left. Glug, glug...."

1 Comments:

  • And you had the nerve to poke fun of my reading an "olde fashioned" paper map!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home