Living the American Dream

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Like my column says, today I finally am "on the other side of 50". This morning Grumpy surprised me with a Blackberry - not the fruit, but the trendy phone that really makes you look like a business person. I couldn't help but notice the irony since he never stops complaining I don't have a "real" job. Perhaps he figured if I have one of these contraptions someone will use it to call me to offer me one!
After breakfast with the girls and a soothing massage, I met Grumpy for a spot of window shopping.
"While we have lunch, give me the Blackberry and I'll set it up for you," he offered.
I'm not sure he even noticed what he was eating. I assumed this was just an excuse to play with my new toy, but sometimes you have to let boys be boys.
"Hmmn, I can't work out how to get it to accept your phone contacts," he began.
After 10 minutes he was literally sweating. I knew things were bad when he asked to see the instructions, something no man ever does.
Eventually he admitted defeat and we went into a nearby phone store where a nice young man sorted it out in 2 minutes flat. (I've been waiting longingly to reach this ripe old age just to used that expression). I bought a matching gel case for it, so not entirely a waste of time. It's always nice to get a birthday present that requires a present of its own.
So far no one has called me, but I did manage to make a call to the gbf, so I can see it will be very useful. The real reason I wanted one was to feed my addiction to email. Now I'll never have to leave the shops to go home to check what's been going on in my absence.
And if I can ever get to grips with the keyboard, I may even be able to reply!

4 Comments:

  • And sometimes, girls just need to be girls, like when they back the car out of the garage!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:55 AM  

  • We at the Lisle Body Shop are more discreet, and would never place blame or make generalizations about our valued clients.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:48 AM  

  • Well I'm always happy to get a quote, so fight it out amongst yourselves!

    By Blogger Hilary, at 3:58 PM  

  • I keep waiting for the blog writer to tell us what this all means....wait, it is coming to me in a vision....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home