Living the American Dream

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I Don't Know What The Wife's Going On About!

As a special treat for Grumpy's birthday, I had a very old video converted into a dvd. What many of our new friends don't know was that we were famous before we reached America, unfortunately not for the right reasons.
I've made something of a career out of making fun of Grumpy. I used to write columns about him in a style magazine nearly 30 years ago.
One day a TV company called the newspaper I worked for, to see if I knew of anyone who had committed d-i-y disasters in our area.
Well, living with someone like this, it was too good an opportunity to miss. The result has haunted us throughout our married life, and thanks to me, I can feel it all starting up again!
(By the way, we were 23 when this was filmed. As Orphan No. 1 says, it look's like Grumpy had to take the day off school to appear). Enjoy, and feel free to comment.

5 Comments:

  • You were just teenagers! Wasn't that Michael Aspinall? Hilary, that is a truly special gift. I can understand why you're so thankful for Jett's home repair expertise, but I must say Ross has him beat in the cute category!!
    Steph

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 PM  

  • Love the floral wallpaper

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:35 AM  

  • mum,

    i dont think i have ever laughed so hard at the state of you and dad. i have never seen this before. Dan saw it and phoned me up laughing his head off.
    love you

    abi x

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:37 AM  

  • We inherited that wallpaper and never changed it. Couldn't stand the thought of Ross wallpapering as well!

    By Blogger Hilary, at 8:06 AM  

  • I am pleased to know that my parents are not alone. I bet you went on a diy course after that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home