Living the American Dream

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thoughts for Food

Just as all the men here speak tech, so all the women speak food.
"How did you like that buffet last night?" asked Italia over breakfast.
"Oh I liked it better than the night before's, but not as much as Mondays."
"Did you try the spanakopia?"
"Oh, yes, it was so good."
"And those little baked potatoes. Such a good idea."
As we sat chewing on tiny bagels and warm hotmeal, we started planning how to smuggle food out for the day's trip. As usual, I was totally unprepared. My designer Dorney and Bourke handbag may have attracted comments from the breakfast hostess, but it failed miserably in the packed lunch department.
Mexica, Italia and my new friends New Yorka and Arizona had sensibly brought along some of the freebie bags handed out at yesterday's Expo. I was left trying to cram granola bars and a banana into what little space I had around my purse and sunglasses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home