Living the American Dream

Saturday, September 04, 2010

Fun at the Fling

Looking back at the blog, I see I was less than complementary about the Last Fling when we first arrived in Naperville. I was dismayed to see my new hometown overrun by strangers. One year we even left town to avoid it!
What a difference a few years makes. This is now our fourth Fling, and co-incidentally the 30th run by the Naperville Jaycees. How do I know this, well now I'm right in the thick of it. The visitors are no longer strangers. I know half the people there, well six anyhow, because I'm covering the event for the local press. Who knew it was so interesting? Do you know bed races and spaghetti eating contests didn't die out in the 1950s? They're alive and well and living right here in Naperville.
If I meet out of towners I'm so proud to say I live here, but I haven't got too much time to chat because I'm hob nobbing with the mayor (if only I had packet with me British readers) or mixing with my media colleagues.
I've some new excitement in my career to announce this week, which should be of particular interest to my blog followers so watch this space.
But if you're looking for news on the Last Fling, you'll have to read me in the Naperville Sun.

2 Comments:

  • "packet with me British readers" means what?

    Not Hyacinth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:00 PM  

  • looking forward to your news

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home