Living the American Dream

Saturday, August 21, 2010

King of the Wild Frontier

Grumpy Crockett climbed off his horse at the gates to the old Texan mission.
"Thank goodness for that," he said dusting off his chaps, who wasted no time in high tailing it back to England. "I've been riding for days and it's about time I ungraded to something with a little more horse power. This must be place to rent a car, it says Alamo at the gate."
"No cars here, we've been under siege for days," said a tired looking man wielding a knife. "But you can come in and join our ranks if you like. We need as many soldiers as possible to rally against the Mexican dictator Santa Clausa."
"Ok, as long as you don't point that thing at me," said Grumpy, eying the knife. "My name's Crockett, Grumpy Crockett." He put out his hand for the man to shake.
"Pleased to meet you, I'm Jim Bowie, you may have heard of me, I invented the Bowie knife," he said.
"Nope, never heard of you," Grumpy confessed, "but I have several of your brother David's albums."
"Come in, come in, the canons will start firing again in a minute and I don't want to scare your cat," said Bowie.
"Cat?" said Grumpy. "I don't have a cat."
"There, on your head," replied Bowie. "That furry thing with a long tail......"

1 Comments:

  • Like his new name !Funny

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home