Living the American Dream

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Right Place, Right Time

Photo credit: Steve Vukosovic

I tell you, it was pretty scary there being unemployed for a whole week. Anyway, tonight I was back where I belong - freelancing for the Naperville Sun.
Here I am with Olympic Gold Medalist Kristi Yamaguchi at Anderson's.
Celebs don't often have time for interviews, so I went along expecting only to speak to fans. But one co-incidence occurred after another.
1. Addressing the crowd, Kristi mentioned the publishers of her new book (a New York Times Children's Best Seller) were local to Naperville.
2. I found the publisher who took me aside so I could interview her.
3. Kristi popped back for a minute before signing hundreds of autographs so I managed to grab a few words.
4. My former photographer colleague Steve came by at just the right moment and took our picture.

I realize I now have a niche at the Sun. I'm their go to person for stories about Olympic Gold Medalists who have been on Dancing with the Stars!

For full story click on:
http://napervillesun.suntimes.com

or see tomorrow's paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home