Living the American Dream

Friday, October 26, 2007

Thank You For Your Interest, But...

Unemployment is a miserable thing. Unfortunately I know several people currently looking for work and the rejection can be devestating. So, you can imagine my shock when today I received a rejection letter for a job I hadn't even applied for!
It began:"Thank you for your interest in the Major Gifts Associate position at the DuPage Children's Museum. At this time we have hired a candidate with a very strong skills and experience in major gifts campaign management and capital campaign experience as well."
Well, I'm not surprised I didn't get the job I didn't apply for. I don't even understand what the position means. I guess I stuffed up at the interview I didn't have.
Thinking about it, it took a lot of strain out of waiting to hear whether I was successful in my application for the job I didn't know exsisted. I didn't have to buy an interview outfit, make up knowledgeable answers to questions I didn't understand or wait anxiously for the post to arrive every day.
Of course part of me is very sorry I didn't get the job. It's never nice to be rejected, even if you never applied for what you were rejected from.
Unless Major Gifts Associate means you get expensive presents everyday, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it anyway.
I'm off now to not apply for a weekly column on a national newspaper - that's a job I would really like. I'd also consider hosting my own chat show or acting on Broadway. I also have a novel in the pipe works. I look forward to whole host of rejection letters shortly.

3 Comments:

  • Well, at least you receive a rejection letter... ok, so you didn't apply for the job, just a technicality, I reckon!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:51 PM  

  • Maybe Ross filled out the application for you ? hmm...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:27 AM  

  • Ooohhhhh, who got onto the grumpy train this morning?

    By Blogger Adele, at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home