Living the American Dream

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Making Hard Work of It

What I miss most about not having a real job is going to the office early morning and chatting with colleagues. The actual work, of course, I don't miss much at all. I realised today that I currently have the best of both worlds. This was my morning:
1. Woke up with surprisingly few aches and pains considering I had spent last night learning how to belly dance. (You'll have to wait for next week's Naperville Sun for that particular nightmare).
2. Arrive at the Naperville Cultural Centre and chat with the people working there.
3. Practise the piano for an hour.
4. Chat some more. Leave.
5. Meet with someone at the Naper Settlement who introduces me to my moose. (see yesterday's entry). She gives me form to fill in and a set of jokes about dogs and fleas to practise. Not sure of connection. The moose looked very clean to me. The good news is I will not be seen at all, and ventriloquism doesn't come into it. I get to crouch under a counter with someone else with their hand stuck up a frog's behind.
6. Have lunch in local coffee shop. A man is wheeled out on a stretcher by medics as I enter, but as I'm only a newspaper columnist and not a reporter, I feel I don't need to ask questions.
7. Have nails done in preparation for a weekend away.
It's actually quite tiring when you've had a heavy morning like that. Just as well I don't have a real job.

1 Comments:

  • Oh, so you haven't passed on this wonderful opportunity? Good! One never knows where one's career will lead. Happy Moose-ing!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home