Living the American Dream

Friday, October 15, 2010

As The World Turns

It never ceases to amaze me how much my life is like a soap opera sometimes - now I have the proof. Next weekend the Hotel Decent will be open for business again, welcoming Grumpy's long lost cousin Emma. Like many people I stumble across these days, Emma popped out of facebook a few months ago. She was part of the family that Grumpy didn't know much about. Considering what some of the ones I do know about are like, this could either be a blessing in disguise or proof there is a God after all.
Like me Emma also writes, so the good news I don't have to say anything more about her. It's all here on her blog which she started just before setting out on a trip around the world following her late father's footsteps in a voyage of discovery.
http://emmadecent.wordpress.com
Emma will be with us for a glimpse of small town America. She's landed right slap bang in the middle of all our Halloween festivities so she'll probably think we're nuts. I've lived here long enough to have a pretty good grip on small town suburbia so to start off I hope to take her to visit a distribution at Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry, followed by a fashion show at White Eagle Golf Club. A matter of going from the sublime to the ridiculous....

1 Comments:

  • How exciting! For a truer glimpse of small town America, one might try Plano or the town of Sandwich, both lcated just west of Naperville. Even they have been shedding their small town charms a bit....

    Diane

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home