Living the American Dream

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Election Selection

Much like road construction, political campaigns seem to be an almost permanent fix here in Chicagoland. The TV is full of ads where politicians never tell viewers their policies, but simply trash the opposition. Of course here in sunny Naperville, politicians would never stoop so low. Our beloved mayor, George Pradel is hoping to win his fifth term here. He's been mayor for 17 years, but I suppose it's never a given that he will win. (Although I wouldn't be prepare to lay any bets against him). His main opponent this time will be one of our esteemed Naperville councilmen Kenn Miller. Just in case he needs it, here's a free ad for him to use against our beloved mayor, dishing all the dirt Naperville can handle.

"Are you ready for 4 more years, Naperville? Four more years of the same honesty, goodwill and care? Do you really want the man who has done more for this city than any other person alive to get in again? No you don't, and I'll tell you why. We do not want a man who stops and talks to everyone he meets. And smiling? I'll give you smiling! How can you vote for a man who can address crowds of thousands without a microphone? How can you vote for the man who not only plays Santa Claus, but rumor has it actually IS Santa Claus? This is a man who thinks more about others than himself, and I for one don't like it, although to be honest, I'm not sure why.
I'm Kenn Miller and endorse this message."

And because politics is always fair and honest in this neck of the woods, here's one Mr Pradel can use against Councilman Miller.

"Good morning Naperville! Welcome to our wonderful city, it's great to see you all here today. Sorry, wrong speech. Here's why you shouldn't vote for Kenn Miller. First of all he claims he's a famous band leader, yet I've never heard him play a note! He's done some pretty dishonest things I can tell you. Once he tipped 19% instead of 20% in a restaurant. I know, shocking! Quite frankly I think you shouldn't even think of voting for him. Just a minute, that's not very friendly, so scrap that. Vote for Kenn. He Kenn do it! I'm George Pradel and I endorse this message."

1 Comments:

  • Excellent!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home