Living the American Dream

Saturday, March 15, 2008

It'll Be Alright On The Night........won't it?

Ten reasons why it must go alright tonight:

1. We've already had one cast member call in sick.

2. Grumpy, who is meant to be front of house manager, has raging flu. Naturally I am very sympathetic. I have been working like a Trojan on this show since January, and he can't even be well for one lousy evening. Don't worry, he'll be there, even if I have to drag him in in his bed!

3. I rushed out this morning to pick up flyers to advertise my next little venture at the show. They were no where to be seen, so now I have to go back to get them just before the performance.

4. I'm still not happy with one scene. It's meant to be funny, but it just isn't. Have now purchased two giant cans of spray cream. Nothing screams comedy like a custard pie! This will be funny if it kills me.

5. Have rewritten my thank you speech 14 times, once at 3.30 a.m. this morning.

6. Keeping fingers crossed the programs are finally ready. Not much use if they turn up in the middle of next week.

7. Still shaking after doing a little party piece advertising the show at last night's synagogue service. Didn't realise how long it's been since I've done any public speaking.

8. Have occurring nightmare that the cast won't turn up and I'll have to perform the entire thing myself.

9. Have even worse nightmare than I won't turn up and Grumpy will have to perform the entire thing himself.

10. So nervous, I can't think of anything to write for no. 10.

3 Comments:

  • Another opening, another show . . .

    We're looking forward to this evening's show and fully expect a delightful production that won't come off without at hitch.

    Break a leg.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:25 PM  

  • It was more than alright - it was fantastic!! Hilary - you did a wonderful job.. our thanks to you and your cast/crew (including Grumpy, a man of many talents).. Congratulations, Steph

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 PM  

  • Thanks for your kind words. We're thinking of taking the show on the road - for 40 days and 40 nights!

    By Blogger Hilary, at 5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home