Living the American Dream

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Passover the Musical By Numbers

1 The number of times the cast has listened to me. What do I know? I'm only the director.

5 The number of times Moses's wig has fallen off.

6 The number of times I have said: "No jokes about sheep. This is a family show."

13 The number of times someone said: "We've tried it like that before and it didn't work."

15 The number of times someone has said "Why can't the rest of you be as loud as
Isaac?" (He's four years old. Just)

17 The number of hours we have spent discussing how to pronounce Purim.

29 The number of times I have had to ask for help locking or unlocking the front doors of the
synagogue. It's like Fort Knox, that place. Don't they want people to pray?

47 The number of posters I have had put up around the town to advertise the show.

132 The number of times at least someone has said: "Sorry, I can't make rehearsal on ..."
1 The number of times I said: "Sorry, I can't make rehearsal on.." (It was my birthday,
although to be honest I think I would have had more fun at rehearsal).


218 The number of cuts I have made to the script.

520 The number of changes we have made to the script.

534 The number of a house I once lived in.

630 The number of emails I have sent to various members of the cast and crew.

753 The number of times someone has said: "I've got a good idea. Why don't we..."

749 The number of times I have said: "That's a really good idea, but...."

981 The number of hours we have spent in rehearsal.

10 minutes
The amount of time I have spent regretting taking on this project.

5 Comments:

  • im so gutted i cant come to see this show! i feel so involved in it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:21 AM  

  • Can we tape it and put it on YOUTUBE?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:09 AM  

  • I'll get you tickets when we transfer to Broadway.....

    By Blogger Hilary, at 9:11 AM  

  • Do you mean You Tube the internet site, or The Tube, the London Underground? The second may be more suitable! They're already so miserable down there something like the show couldn't make them feel any worse.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 9:13 AM  

  • I too want to see this. I found the comment about how to pronouce Purim particularly amusing

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home