Living the American Dream

Sunday, February 22, 2009

And The Winners Are...

To commemorate today’s Oscars, I thought I’d share some of my personal winners over the past year.

Special effects: For his role in restoring a rickety lighting system which left our bathroom completely in the dark: Jett.

Best Comedy: For his role in plowing through a gas line which brought out the fire
Brigade: Spike.

Best Supporting Actor: For allowing me to ridicule him in the press, Grumpy.

Best Supporting Friend: For counselling me at least one morning a week over coffee in Panera Bread: The Duchess.

Super Fan award: For laughing wildly every time I attempt to be funny, even though I know half the time she does’nt understand what I am saying: Hyacinth.

Best Music (teacher): For her encouragement during my weakly piano lessons and popping cotton wool in her ears so discretely I didn’t even notice until week 4: Kim

Best Actress in a leading role: For convincing the town I could write and direct a musical: Me.

3 Comments:

  • I would like to thank the many, many people that made this prestigious award possible. Special thanks to grumpy who gave me this once in a life time opportunity to play the leading role in this massive architectural project. Thanks go out to Hilary for her creative cinematography depiction of the highly charged and explosive events as they unfolded. Thanks to Naperville's finest for their coordination of special effects and costume design. Thanks to the men from NIG who performed the crucial work of stunt coordinators, providing critical safety and artistic contributions. Thanks to all of the neighbors who went out of their way to express their amazement and support over this spectacular project. In my excitement, I am sure that I missed many of the small people that made this award possible, such as JULIE, but rest assured you will not be forgotten on my NEXT PROJECT!

    spike (aka T. Allan)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:50 PM  

  • Those counselling sessions are mutually beneficial, and I really love my skim latte! My thanks to those wonderful people at Panera, and to my husband for making it possible for me to spend so much time there. Hilary - you're a joy!
    The Duchess

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:53 AM  

  • understand what?

    Hyacinth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home