Living the American Dream

Friday, February 13, 2009

Romantic Interlude

Happy Valentine's Day everybody. I was surprised to receive a cute gift from Grumpy this year. Since our wedding anniversary is on the 12th, we're normally all romanced out by today. I needn't have worried. Turns out he won the teddy bear and chocolates in a raffle at work on Friday!
I did actually give him a card this year, but only because I was buying one for my Gbf and it seemed rude to leave him out. My visit to the card store was an interesting experience. They have an astonishing choice. You can buy 8 or even 12 Valentine's cards in a pack. Just how many lovers do Americans have? You can get Valentines for your dog, from your cat; ones for your cousin's uncle and the lady you see on the train every day. You can give Valentines to your children, your grandchildren,the goldfish and the people who manufacture the cards.
It's not much different in the supermarket. There you can heart shaped cakes with fluorescent pink frosting, foil balloons and stuffed toys with padded red hearts round their necks. And that's before you've even reached the fruit and veg.
This year I've received three cards myself, which is three more than I usually get. As well as Grumpy's, I also received one from my Gbf bless him, and our realtor. No, I'm not having a secret affair with him. It's just you can also get Happy Valentine's Day, Remember Me When You Want To Sell Your House cards too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home